Sensitive Data Detection
Escape elevates your security posture by providing extensive capabilities to detect and manage sensitive data within your API ecosystem. With support for identifying over 220 different types of sensitive information, you can maintain a comprehensive view of the data landscape within your organization.
Types of Sensitive Data
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII): Including but not limited to Social Security numbers, full names, and email addresses.
- Financial Information: Such as credit card numbers, bank account details, and transaction histories.
- Tokens and Secrets: Like API keys, JWT tokens, and encryption keys.
A complete list of supported data types can be found in the Advanced Usage/Data Types Reference page.
Alerts and Reviews
Every time Escape detects a new sensitive data type, an alert is triggered. This sensitive data can be closely examined in the "Sensitive Data" tab. Alerts come with rich contextual information, such as whether the data is publicly accessible, enhancing your understanding of the risk associated with each data type.
Identifying sensitive data not only aids in avoiding data leaks but is also critical for maintaining compliance with major standards and regulations. This feature is essential for organizations that must comply with standards such as:
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- And many more
By actively managing and monitoring sensitive data, Escape empowers your security team and developers to take a proactive stance on information security.